- (physics) The ratio of the RMS value to the absolute mean of a sinusoidal wave (especially to that of an alternating current)
- (physics) Any of several functions that describe the unknown internal state of a particle
- (physics) The emissivity of a material
- (crystallography) A function that describes the scattering power of an atom as function of the scattering angle
- (mechanics) A factor describing the stress distribution of a body
- The geometry of an object, especially in engineering design; configuration.
- 2004, Scott Mueller, Upgrading and Repairing Laptops, page 311:
- Shugart Associates first introduced the 5.25-inch form factor along with the first 5.25-inch floppy drive back in 1976.
- 2007, March, Erin McKean, “Redefining the dictionary”, Technology Entertainment Design
- I want him to barely remember that this is the form factor that dictionaries used to come in.
The ratio of the RMS value to the absolute mean
in quantum field theory