four-wheeler (plural four-wheelers)
- A horse-drawn hackney cab with four wheels, as opposed to a hansom or dogcart.
- 1897, Bram Stoker, Dracula Chapter 22
- At length we saw a four-wheeler drive up. Out of it, in leisurely fashion, got Lord Godalming and Morris. And down from the box descended a thick-set working man with his rush-woven basket of tools. Morris paid the cabman, who touched his hat and drove away.
- Any vehicle with four wheels.
- "Excellent," said Sherlock Holmes. "Send the boy for a four-wheeler, and we shall be off at once." [Arthur Conan Doyle, "The Greek Interpreter"]