- Excessive compensation for something.
- 2008, Vladimir Antonov, Spiritual Work With Children, page 60:
- Manifestations of this “protection” can be various. They are — apathy, lack of interest in the surroundings, defiant behavior (hypercompensation of the inferiority complex), etc.
- 2011, Andrew Samuels, Psychopathology: Contemporary Jungian Perspectives, page 317:
- This identification gives rise to the ego alienation of the Jew from his original archetypal constellations expressed by the Jewish culture; therefore the frequent processes of unconscious hypercompensations become sources of neurosis.