- (Internet) A humorous image with superimposed text
2001 August 25, anotherone, “Something Awful forums FAQ By anotherone”, http://anotherone0.tripod.com/, accessed on 2013-09-11:
- What were the various image macros? ... [img-foo]: See Image Macro. A list of official [img-foo]s are above, but any common image that's used often can replace foo. [img-motorcycle.jpg] for instance.
2001 September 25, Guest, “Meddling kids!”, 3D Realms Forums, accessed on 2013-09-11:
- That would make such a good image macro, could i use it sometime?
2001 October 22, <deleted user>, “Ill advised image macros never intended for use”, Something Awful Forums, accessed on 2013-09-11:
- Ill advised image macros never intended for use
2002 February 22, anotherone, “Something Awful forums FAQ By anotherone”, accessed on 2013-09-11:
- Now, the term Image Macro refers to any frequently used image, usually with text proclaiming "YOU SUCK AT THE INTERNET!" or something.