interlineation (plural interlineations)
- A notation made between the lines, especially in a handwritten document
- 1904, Elizabeth Miller, The Yoke:
- He made the interlineation, rolled the scroll and sealed it.
- 1909, Emerson Hough, 54-40 or Fight:
- He turned to the table and took up a long, folded document, which I saw was done in his cramped hand and with many interlineations.
- 1920, B. G. Jefferis and J. L. Nichols, Searchlights on Health:
- Erasures, blots, interlineations always spoil the beauty of any letter.