- The soundtrack of laughter sounds that accompanies a television comedy show
- 2004, Robert Kubey, Creating Television, →ISBN:
- Possibly a show with no laugh track would improve with a well-done laugh track.
- 2012, Ridley Pearson, No Witnesses, →ISBN:
- He felt it weird to have this discussion with a laugh track running faintly in the background.
- 2013, Allan Neuwirth, They'll Never Put That on the Air: The New Age of TV Comedy, →ISBN:
- There were shows where they let us not use a laugh track ... and portions of shows. Whenever they were in the O.R. or serious surgery, there was no laugh track.