nano- + scale
nanoscale (not comparable)
- On a scale measured in nanometers.
nanoscale (plural nanoscales)
- A measuring tool with gradations in nanometers.
- 2005, Jürgen Schulte, Nanotechnology: Global Strategies, Industry Trends and Applications , →ISBN, page 167:
- The nanoscales under development will have 10 000 to 40 000 graduations per 1 mm distance.
- The scale of nanotechnology.
- 2006, Jessica Elzea Kogel, Industrial Minerals & Rocks: Commodities, Markets, and Use , →ISBN, page 1441:
- As opposed to the microscale, the nanoscale is not just another step toward miniaturization: it results in a qualitatively new material.