See also: phù thủy
- (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [fu˨˩ tʰwi˧˩]
- (Huế) IPA(key): [fʊw˦˩ tʰwɪj˧˨]
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [fʊw˨˩ tʰ⁽ʷ⁾ɪj˨˩˦]
- any mythical or folkloric creature who practices magic or witchcraft; a witch, warlock, wizard, charmer, enchanter, magician, etc.
- mụ phù thuỷ
- a wicked witch
- thầy phù thuỷ
- a wizard
- Trường Phù thủy và Pháp sư Hogwarts
- Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- Fantasy has never been a popular genre in Vietnamese literature, so it is not surprising that Vietnamese does not have a well-built fantasy vocabulary. As with the case of short creatures such as dwarfs, leprechauns, gnomes, trolls, etc. which are all called người lùn (“short people”), chú lùn (“short men”), etc., there are next to no terms for "magic/witchcraft/wizardry practioners" beside phù thuỷ and pháp sư.