sharptailed (plural sharptaileds)
- Any of various birds with a somewhat pointed tail, such as the sharp-tailed grouse (Tympanuchus phasianellus) or sharp-tailed sparrow (Ammodramus spp.).
- 1988 April 8, Jerry Sullivan, “Field & Street”, in Chicago Reader:
- Le Conte's and sharptailed pass through on migration; grasshopper and Henslow's nest here.
- 1935, Michigan Natural Resources - Volumes 5-7:
- Snow, cold weather or the same monotonous bill of fare which has tided the sharptaileds over winter do not prevent the lengthening days from awakening them to the fact that spring is near.