stateless (not comparable)
- (computer science) Of a system or protocol, such that it does not keep a persistent state between transactions.
A stateless server treats each request independently.
- (dated) Without state or pomp.
- (law) Without a state or nationality, not subject to any state.
2013 June 22, “T time”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8841, page 68:
- The ability to shift profits to low-tax countries by locating intellectual property in them […] is often assumed to be the preserve of high-tech companies. […] current tax rules make it easy for all sorts of firms to generate […] “stateless income”: profit subject to tax in a jurisdiction that is neither the location of the factors of production that generate the income nor where the parent firm is domiciled.
UN Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons
(computer science) without remembering state
(law) without a state or nationality
- (computer science) stateful