- (obsolete) Where; in the place where.
- 1485 July 31, Thomas Malory, “(please specify the chapter)”, in [Le Morte Darthur], (please specify the book number), [London: William Caxton], OCLC 71490786; republished as H[einrich] Oskar Sommer, editor, Le Morte Darthur, London: Published by David Nutt, in the Strand, 1889, OCLC 890162034:, Bk.VII:
- Than Sir Bors departed secretly uppon a day and rode unto Sir Launcelot thereas he was with the ermyte Sir Brascias, and tolde hym of all thys adventure.
- (obsolete) Whereas.
- (‘here-’ words) here; hereabout, hereabouts, hereafter, hereat, herebefore, hereby, herefore, herefrom, herein, hereinafter, hereinbefore, hereinto, hereof, hereon, hereto, heretofore, hereunder, hereunto, hereupon, herewith, herewithal
- (‘there-’ words) there; thereabout, thereabouts, thereafter, thereagain, thereagainst, thereamong, therearound, thereas, thereat, therebefore, therebeside, thereby, therefore, therefrom, therein, thereinafter, thereinbefore, thereinto, thereof, thereon, thereto, theretofore, thereunder, thereunto, thereupon, therewith, therewithal
- (‘where-’ words) where; whereabout, whereabouts, whereafter, whereagainst, whereamong, whereas, whereat, whereby, wherefore, wherefrom, wherein, whereinafter, whereinbefore, whereinto, whereof, whereon, whereto, wheretofore, whereunder, whereunto, whereupon, wherewith, wherewithal