Clipping of .
tighties pl (plural only)
- (US, slang) Men's or boys' briefs.
- 2015, Lisa Genova, Inside the O'Briens, page 220:
- A pack of teenage boys gathers at the bottom of the stairway, wearing their tough gangsta pusses and pants hanging below their tighties. Joe will never comprehend what's so tough about underwear.
- 2005, Mike Philbin, CHIMERAWORLD #1, page 113:
- A padded knee shattered my balls. I doubled over in the hallway, coughing up blood and yellow stuff I thought might be bile. Though wracked with pain, I was glad I wore briefs. My tighties kept those precious little orbs in place.
Tighties are said to come in pairs, which is to say that the phrase "pair(s) of" is used as a counter for them.