From Proto-Slavic *-ьcь.
- Appended to nouns to form an agent noun; used only on composite nouns expressing fields of knowledge.
- Appended to a country name root to form a demonym; used generally on country names which have roots ending with -j, -l, -m, -n, -r, -v; the root is formed by dropping the -ie or -sko suffix.
- Appended to nouns to derive a specialized substantive, most often in terminology.
- Appended to adjective to form a noun describing somebody or something having the specific quality.
- Appended to a verb to form an agent noun.
- -kyně (feminine form)
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language