- (Europe) IPA: /a.bɛs.mɑ̃/ X-SAMPA: /a.bEs.mA~/
- (Quebec) IPA: /a.bɛːs.mã/ X-SAMPA: /a.bE:s.ma~/
- Rhymes: -ɑ̃
- Homophone: abaissements
abaissement m (plural abaissements)
- Action of moving or pushing something in a downward direction; a lowering
- State resulting from having moved down.
- Action of lowering a value; reduction
- Action of lowering oneself morally; abasement
- (dated) State of something or someone which has lost all pride; abasement
- (archaic) Action of rendering or becoming less powerful.