advancement (plural advancements)
- The act of advancing, or the state of being advanced; progression; improvement; furtherance; promotion to a higher place or dignity; as, the advancement of learning.
2011 December 14, Angelique Chrisafis, “Rachida Dati accuses French PM of sexism and elitism”, Guardian:
- Dati launched a blistering attack on the prime minister, François Fillon, under whom she served as justice minister, accusing him of sexism, elitism, arrogance and hindering the political advancement of ethnic minorities.
- An advance of money or value; payment in advance.
- (law) Property given, usually by a parent to a child, in advance of a future distribution.
state of being advanced
payment in advance — see advance payment
property given in advance of future distribution
advancement m (plural advancemens)
- advance (forward movement)
- French: avancement