- appurtenaunce (obsolete)
Cognate to appertain.
Audio (Northern California, US) (file)
appurtenance (plural appurtenances)
- An appendage added to something else.
- (in the plural) Equipment used for some specific task; gear.
- The thing to which another pertains.
- (law) Minor property (such as an outhouse) that passes with the main property when it is sold.
- (grammar) A modifier that is appended or prepended to another word to coin a new word that expresses belonging.
thing to which another pertains
(law) minor property that passes with the main property
(language) modifer appended or prepended to another word to express belonging
Read in another language
This page is available in 19 languages