See also COIN
coin (plural coins)
- (money) A piece of currency, usually metallic and in the shape of a disc, but sometimes polygonal, or with a hole in the middle.
- A token used in a special establishment like a casino (also called a chip).
- One of the suits of minor arcana in tarot, or a card of that suit.
(currency) A piece of currency
A token used in a special establishment like a casino
One of the suits of minor arcana in tarot, or a card of that suit
- to create coins.
- to make up or invent, and establish
- Over the last century the advance in science has led to many new words being coined.
to create coins
to make up or invent, and establish
From Latin cuneus (“wedge”).
coin m (plural coins)
- wedge, cornerpiece
- L'église fait le coin. The church is just on the corner.
- area, part, place, spot
- « Je suis le seul robot dans ce coin. » "I am the only robot around here."
Read in another language
This page is available in 42 languages