- Rhymes: -əʊə(r)
blower (plural blowers)
- A person who blows.
- Any device that blows.
- (slang, dated, chiefly UK, usually preceded by the) Telephone.
- Get on the blower and call headquarters right away!
- A ducted fan, usually part of a heating, ventilation, and/or air conditioning system.
- (dated) A braggart, or loud talker.
- The whale; so called by seamen, from its habit of spouting up a column of water.
- A small fish of the Atlantic coast, Tetrodon turgidus; the puffer.
telephone — see telephone
Read in another language
This page is available in 16 languages