- Rhymes: -ɪpə(r)
- Exhibiting a lively optimism; in high spirits, cheerful.
2012 April 29, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “Treehouse of Horror III” (season 4, episode 5; originally aired 10/29/1992)”:
- The idea of a merchant selling both totems of pure evil and frozen yogurt (he calls it frogurt!) is amusing in itself, as is the idea that frogurt could be cursed, but it’s really the Shopkeeper’s quicksilver shift from ominous doomsaying to chipper salesmanship that sells the sequence.
chipper (plural chippers)
- (UK, Ireland, slang) A fish and chips shop, or more generally a cheap fast food outlet, typically selling chips and other deep-fried foods.
- (slang) A deep frier.
- (US) A machine that reduces organic matter to compost; depending on size, whole tree trunks are reduced to sawdust; a woodchipper.
- (US) (smoking) An occasional tobacco user, or more generally drug user.
- A machine that chips potatoes ready to be fried and made into chips.
- Someone who chips (e.g. wood)
- A sportsman who chips the ball.
A deep frier
A machine that reduces organic matter to compost