See also: Confederate
- confœderate (archaic)
Audio (US) (file)
confederate (plural confederates)
- a member of a confederacy
- an accomplice in a plot
- He found some of his confederates in gaol.
- (psychology) An actor who participates in a psychological experiment pretending to be a subject but in actuality working for the researcher (also known as a "stooge").
a member of a confederacy
an accomplice in a plot
an actor in an experiment
- of, relating to, or united in a confederacy
- banded together; allied.
- All the swords / In Italy, and her confederate arms, / Could not have made this peace.
of, relating to, or united in a confederacy
banded together; allied
- Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Youth's Antiphony, lines 11-12
- Hour after hour, remote from the world's throng,
- Work, contest, fame, all life's confederate pleas
- To combine into a confederacy.
- feminine plural of
- plural form of