Last modified on 22 January 2014, at 19:52
- okay; a humorous and light-hearted nonsense phrase indicating approval or mild excitement
- wow; "that's remarkable" or "great"
- 1978, Cheech & Chong, Up In Smoke
- Cheech: "Hey man, look at this car made out of weed!" - Chong: "Oh cool beans, man!"
- 1985, Marlene Fanta Shyer, Grandpa Ritz and the Luscious Lovelies (page 30)
- 'It's cool beans!' That’s what Betsy always says when she thinks something is fantastic, and I couldn’t help wondering what she’d say if she could see me now.
- J.E. Lighter "Historical dictionary of American Slang (Vol 2)" (New York: Random House Publishing 2007; ISBN 978-0195174182).