dead-end (comparative more dead-end, superlative most dead-end)
- Going nowhere; blocked.
- a dead-end street
- a dead-end job
dead-end (third-person singular simple present dead-ends, present participle dead-ending, simple past and past participle dead-ended)
- (US) To come to a dead-end
- Watch out! The road dead-ends in 200 yards and there's nowhere to turn around!
dead-end (plural dead-ends)
- The end of a road, (or by extension), the end of any event.
- We turned into the street and realised it was a dead-end.
- Mary realised her relationship with Jim had hit a dead-end.