- To take out of service or to render unusable.
- They decommissioned the ship after the accident.
- The Army decommissioned the Sherman tank by filling the turret with cement.
- To remove or revoke a commission.
- After his arrest, the officer was decommissioned from the police force.
- To remove or revoke a formal designation.
- The state highway was decommissioned and reverted to local control.
to take out of service or to render unusable
Read in another language
This page is available in 7 languages