From the Latin preposition dē (“of, from”), which is often attached directly to the beginnings of other Latin words.
- Meaning reversal, undoing or removing.
- Meaning from, off.
NOTE: Words using the prefix de- do not necessarily use the prefixes given here when translated. See individual words for more accurate translations.
- IPA: /de/
- (obsolete) de- (reversal, undoing or removing)
- deaktifkan (“deactivate”)
- Alternative form of des-.
- indicating that an action is done stronger or more vigorously