- 1908: Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge (Norton 2005, page 1238)
- I noticed that after my host had read it he seemed even more distrait and strange than before.
- 1919, Ronald Firbank, Valmouth, Duckworth, hardback edition, page 50
- Seated upon the fallen hornbeam, Mrs Thoroughfare was regarding distraitly the sky.
- 1996: John Le Carré, The Tailor of Panama (Knopf 1996, hardback edition, page 221) "Forgive me for being a fraction distrait today. We're trying to prevent another war."
- With their mind set on something else.
- Past participle of
Read in another language
This page is available in 11 languages