From dictionary.reference.com: 1350–1400; ME, from ML dūrātiōn- (s. of dūrātiō), equiv. to L dūrāt(us) (ptp. of dūrāre to last; see dure 2 ) + -iōn- -ion
duration (plural durations)
- An amount of time or a particular time interval
- (in the singular, not followed by "of") The time taken for the current situation to end, especially the current war
- Rationing will last at least for the duration.
- (finance) A measure of the sensitivity of the price of a financial asset to changes in interest rates, computed for a simple bond as a weighted average of the maturities of the interest and principal payments associated with it.
- Duration (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Duration (disambiguation)
- Bond duration on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Bond duration
- dictionary.reference.com entry
amount of time