engobe (plural engobes)
- A white or colored clay slip coating applied to a ceramic body to give it decorative color or improved texture.
- A clay slip which is colored with metal oxides or stains, used for coating the surface of a pot either before or after bisque firing.
- Merriam-Webster's Third International Dictionary, unabridged. Springfield, Mass.
- Krueger, Dennis (December 1982). "Why On Earth Do They Call It Throwing?" Studio Potter Vol. 11, Number 1.
- Multilingual Dictionary of Pottery Words - English/Dutch/French
engobe m (plural engobes)
Read in another language
This page is available in 4 languages