- To become septic; to become rotten.
- Wounds immedicable / Rankle, and fester, and gangrene.
- To worsen, especially due to lack of attention.
- Deal with the problem immediately; do not let it fester.
- Hatred […] festered in the hearts of the children of the soil.
- To cause to fester or rankle.
- For which I burnt in inward, swelt'ring hate, / And fester'd rankling malice in my breast.
become septic or rotten
To worsen, especially due to lack of attention
Read in another language
This page is available in 16 languages