- (idiomatic) To give someone a feeling of uneasiness or mild fright.
- Walking through the graveyard late at night gave me the creeps.
- (Can we date this quote?) Roddy Doyle:
- It’s the emptiness; there’s no one on the street at that time, along the river. It gives me the creeps.
- creep someone out, give someone the heebie-jeebies, give someone the willies, spook someone, unnerve someone
To give someone a feeling of uneasiness or mild fright
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language