- (pathology) Influenza, the flu (Wikipedia).
1907, Robert Chambers, chapter 4, The Younger Set:
- “Mid-Lent, and the Enemy grins,” remarked Selwyn as he started for church with Nina and the children. Austin, knee-deep in a dozen Sunday supplements, refused to stir ; poor little Eileen was now convalescent from grippe, but still unsteady on her legs ; … .
flu — see flu
- first-person singular present indicative of
- third-person singular present indicative of
- first-person singular present subjunctive of
- third-person singular present subjunctive of
- second-person singular imperative of
grippe f (plural grippes)
- "grippe" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).