grognard (plural grognards)
- An old soldier.
- (games, slang) Someone who enjoys playing older war-games or roleplaying games, or older versions of such games, when newer ones are available.
- James is such a grognard, he only plays the original edition of Dungeons and Dragons.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
games, slang: person who prefers to play older (versions of) war games or RPGs
grognard m (plural grognards)
- a grumbler; one who grumbles
- an old veteran soldier, specifically an old grenadier of the Imperial Guard (Grenadiers à pied de la Garde Impériale); an old complaining soldier