- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhɑɹməni/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhɑːməni/
Audio (US) (file)
harmony (plural harmonies)
- Agreement or accord.
- A pleasing combination of elements, or arrangement of sounds.
- (music) The academic study of chords.
- (music) Two or more notes played simultaneously to produce a chord.
- (music) The relationship between two distinct musical pitches (musical pitches being frequencies of vibration which produce audible sound) played simultaneously.
- A literary work which brings together or arranges systematically parallel passages of historians respecting the same events, and shows their agreement or consistency.
- a harmony of the Gospels
agreement or accord
pleasing combination of elements, or arrangement of sounds
music: the academic study of chords
music: two or more notes played simultaneously to produce a chord