- Formally, a degree earned in a Finnish university roughly corresponding to the master's degree. It generally requires about five years' full-time studies, including a thesis. It is normally accompanied with a specification of the branch of art or science.
- valtiotieteen maisteri = master of political science
- A corresponding degree in a foreign university.
- (archaic) A formal way to address someone, or refer to someone, who has the degree.
- Minun ehdokkaani puheenjohtajaksi on maisteri Andersson. = My candidate for the chairman is (master) Andersson.
Declension of maisteri (type paperi)