Last modified on 8 February 2014, at 17:10
From post-classical Latin mendacitas, from Latin mendāx (“lying”).
mendacity (plural mendacities)
- The fact or condition of being untruthful; dishonesty.
- 1955, Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, act II:
- Big Daddy: ... Think of all the lies I got to put up with!-Pretenses! Ain't that mendacity? Having to pretend stuff you don't think or feel or have any idea of?
- A lie, deceit or falsehood.
The fact or condition of being untruthful; dishonest
- Danish: uhæderlighed c, løgnagtighed c
- Dutch: leugenachtigheid, oneerlijkheid
- Finnish: valheellisuus, epärehellisyys (fi)
- German: Verlogenheit f
A lie, deceit or falsehood