Acronym [please replace this header]Edit
- (usually pejorative) Someone who objects to the building of an undesirable structure in their neighborhood, especially in public policy debate.
- politically correct green (as in vegetation) nimbies (may object to nuclear power plants, polluting factories, etc.)
- socially conservative brown (as in shirts) nimbies (may object to the building of jails, prisons, housing for ex-convicts, drinking or adult entertainment establishments)
- fiscally conservative green (as in money) nimbies (may object to the building of anything which may decrease preexisting property values)
- Not wanting to have to deal with unpleasant or distasteful things near them.
- Their vote against measures to help refugees has been perceived by the socially conscious margin of society as a typically nimby attitude.
- BANANA - acronym similar to NIMBY