Last modified on 7 May 2013, at 13:06↑Jump back a section
- enPR: po͝of, IPA: /pʊf/, X-SAMPA: /pUf/
- Rhymes: -ʊf, -uːf
- Homophones: pouf, pouffe (with certain dialects and/or accents)
- Onomatopoeia indicating a cloud of smoke or wind; caused by a deflating object, or a magical disappearance.
- Poof, he was gone.
- (UK, derogatory, colloquial) A male homosexual, especially one who is effeminate.
- The product of flatulence, or the sound of breaking wind.
A male homosexual.
The product of flatulence.
- To vanish or disappear.
- He poofed into thin air.
- To break wind; to fart.