priming (plural primings)
- (psychology) The implicit memory effect in which exposure to a stimulus influences response to a subsequent stimulus.
- A substance used as a primer.
- The powder or other combustible used to communicate fire to a charge of gunpowder, as in a firearm.
- The first coating of colour, size, etc. laid on canvas, or on a building or other surface.
- The carrying over of water, with the steam, from the boiler, as into the cylinder.
- Present participle of prime.
Read in another language
This page is available in 10 languages