- Rhymes: -uːlɪŋ
- training or instruction
- (dressage) the training of a horse at dressage
- (obsolete) discipline; reproof; reprimand
- He gave his son a good schooling.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Walter Scott to this entry?)
- (obsolete) Compensation for instruction; price or reward paid to an instructor for teaching pupils.
training or instruction
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Present participle of school.