scumming (plural scummings)
- (printing) The accumulation of sticky ink on a plate.
- (chiefly in the plural) That which is scummed off; skimmings; scum.
- (video games, derogatory) The strategy of collecting easy rewards in unchallenging areas, e.g. when a high-level character visits levels suitable for low-level characters in roguelike games.
- (video games, derogatory) The act of restoring a game's save file for the purpose of continuing play with a better outcome than was obtained the first time.
- save-scumming, save-file scumming
Read in another language
This page is available in 2 languages