- (music) A fiddle part in harmony to the first fiddle.
- The second fiddle on that tune is almost as hard as the first fiddle.
- (music) The person playing second fiddle.
- I've been second fiddle in that band for ten years now.
- (idiomatic) A sidekick or subordinate, or the role of such a person.
- I'm tired of being your second fiddle!
- I'm tired of playing second fiddle to you.
music: fiddle part in harmony to the first fiddle
music: person playing second fiddle
sidekick or subordinate; the role of such a person
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language