showcase (plural showcases)
- A case for displaying merchandise or valuable items.
- A setting, occasion, or medium for exhibiting something or someone, especially in an attractive or favorable aspect.
- (case for displaying): vitrine, display case
- (setting for exhibiting in favorable aspect): flagship (especially of a store)
a case for displaying merchandise or valuable items
a setting for displaying something favorably
- To display, demonstrate, show, or present.
- I think the demonstration really showcases the strengths of the software.
- 2012 August 24, Yoram Hazony, “The God of Independent Minds”, The Wall Street Journal:
- Today's debates over the place of religion in modern life often showcase the claim that belief in God stifles reason and science.
Read in another language
This page is available in 17 languages