- (uncountable) The characteristic of using a minimum of something (especially money).
- His thrift can be seen in how little the trashman takes from his house.
- (Can we date this quote?) Spenser
- The rest, […] willing to fall to thrift, prove very good husbands.
- (countable, US) A savings bank.
- Usually home mortgages are obtained from thrifts.
- (countable) Any of various plants of the genus Armeria, particularly Armeria maritima.
- (obsolete) Success and advance in the acquisition of property; increase of worldly goods; gain; prosperity.
- (obsolete) Vigorous growth, as of a plant.
characteristic of using a minimum of something
various plants of the genus Armeria