From Middle English togon, from Old English *tōgān (“to go apart”), from Proto-Germanic *tōgāną (“to go apart”), equivalent to to- + go. Cognate with Old High German zegān. Compare Old English tōgangan (“to go away, pass away”), Old Saxon tegangan.
togo (third-person singular simple present togoes, present participle togoing, simple past towent, past participle togone)
- (intransitive, obsolete) To go different ways; go asunder; diverge; split; part; differ.
- (intransitive, obsolete) To scatter.
- genitive masculine singular of ten
- genitive neuter singular of ten
- animate accusative masculine singular of ten
Read in another language
This page is available in 8 languages