- Used as a predicate or a pro-sentence to indicate insufficiency.
- That's just half what was due last week. Too little, too late.
- Committing half his reserves nearly three hours after the attack was too little, too late.
- 2011 December 7, David Ornstein, “FC Basel 2 - 1 Man Utd”, BBC Sport:
- Jones forced a header over the line after Danny Welbeck was denied from close range and fellow substitute Federico Macheda hit the woodwork, but it was too little, too late.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language