From Persian اندازه (andāza, “measuring”). Cognate with هندسه (handasa, “geometry”).
הַנְדָּסָה • (handasá) f (plural indefinite הנדסות, singular construct הנדסת־)
- (dated or archaic) Geometry.
- Engineering; the application of science and the professions, taken collectively, directed thereto.
- Whereas in English, the noun engineering is frequently used attributively (as in “engineering applications”, “engineering mechanics”, and so on), in Hebrew, the noun הנדסה is not usually used this way, the adjective הנדסי (handasí) being used instead.
- ה-נ-ד-ס (h-n-d-s).
- הנדס (hindés, “to engineer”)
- הנדסאי (handasái, “an engineering graduate”)
- הנדסי (handasí, “pertaining to engineering”)
- מהנדס (m'handés, “an engineer”)