- (uncountable) The organization of knowledge for practical purposes.
2013 June 21, Chico Harlan, “Japan pockets the subsidy …”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 30:
- Across Japan, technology companies and private investors are racing to install devices that until recently they had little interest in: solar panels. Massive solar parks are popping up as part of a rapid build-up that one developer likened to an "explosion."
- All the different and usable technologies developed by a culture or people.
- Adjectives often applied to "technology": assistive, automotive, biological, chemical, domestic, educational, environmental, geospatial, industrial, instructional, medical, microbial, military, nuclear, visual, advanced, sophisticated, high, modern, outdated, obsolete, simple, complex, medieval, ancient, safe, secure, effective, efficient, mechanical, electrical, electronic, emerging, alternative, appropriate, clean, disruptive.
- techno, techno-
- technology transfer
- techno geek
the study of or a collection of techniques
a particular technological concept
body of tools
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked