person used in compounds.
-person (plural -persons or -people)
- Someone who is an expert in an area.
- Someone who is employed or holds a position in an area.
- Someone who has special characteristics relating to a topic or area.
- (nonstandard) Someone of a particular nationality. (More often, the separate noun "person" is used, e.g. "Norse person".)
- 2001, Jim Foster, Still Complaining (→ISBN), page 31:
- I see a Scotsperson who will invent a voice machine that will enable a person far, far away to wake another in the dead of night to ask, “Is this the Couchiching Inn?”