Appendix:Glossary of U.S. Navy slang/Unit nicknames< Appendix:Glossary of U.S. Navy slang
- Big E: Nickname for the USS Enterprise (CV-6), which won 24 battle stars during World War II, also known as the most decorated ship in the U.S. Navy. (Actually, the most decorated ship is the USS Parche (SSN-683), receiving a total of nine Presidential Unit Citations, ten Navy Unit Citations, and thirteen Navy Expeditionary Medal awards during her thirty years of service.)
- Big Gray Hate Maker: Term of endearment for the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19).
- Big Stick: Nickname for the USS Iowa (BB-61), crew's nickname for USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71).
- Block-o-wood: Nickname for the USS Belleau Wood (LHA-3).
- Chicken of the Sea, play on official slogon: Eagle of the Sea for USS Tarawa (LHA-1)
- FID: First In Defense: Nickname for the USS Forrestal (CV59).
- Fighting I: Nickname for the USS Intrepid (CV-11), now a museum ship in New York Harbor.
*FIGHTIN FIVE N DIME : Crews' nickname for the USS EATON DD/DDE 510
- Fighting Cock: Nickname for USS Saratoga CV-60
- John Sore Penis: Nickname given to the aircraft carrier USS John C Stennis after it makes a port call in Australia and closes down all of the local brothels.
- Jolly Rogers: Crews nickname given to the Spruance class destroyer USS John Rodgers
- Latex Glove: Crews nickname given to the AEGIS cruiser USS Leyte Gulf
- Love Muscle: Crews nickname given to the Arleigh Burke destroyer USS Russell
- Magnificent Seven: Term of endearment for the USS Henry B. Wilson (DDG-7)
- Midway Magic: Nickname for USS Midway CV-41, now a museum in San Diego
- Peter Rabbit: Nickname for the USS Paul Revere (APA/LPA-248)
- Pubic Mound: Crews nickname given to the destroyer tender USS Puget Sound
- Queer Barge: Nickname for the USS Kearsarge (LHD-3)
- Stinkin' Lincoln: Crews nickname given to the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln
- Willy-B, Willy B: Nickname for the USS Wilkes-Barre (CL-103)