See also: austerian
- Of or relating to Paul Auster (born 1947), American author and director whose writing blends absurdism, existentialism, crime fiction, and the search for identity and personal meaning.
- 2011, Dennis Barone, Beyond the Red Notebook: Essays on Paul Auster, page 184:
- And disappearing, needless to say, is a quintessential Austerian act.
- 2014, Peter Ferry, Masculinity in Contemporary New York Fiction, page 144:
- The prototypical Austerian protagonist is the detached Manhattan male writing alone in a room with only his words as his way of reflecting […]