- (historical) A former viscounty in the southwestern French Pyrenees, which became part of the French royal domain before it was united with the French crown, together with Navarra, as a single feudal province of the French realm.
- Béarn and the (Basque) region Lower Navarre formed the present département of the Basses-Pyrenées.
- The Béarn region in the French Pyrenees
- Pau est la capitale du Béarn
- Pau is the capital city of Béarn
- Malpas, Jeff (2015): The Intelligence of Place: Topographies and Poetics, Bloomsbury Publishing